The iPhone 8 is an innovative smartphone designed to simplify our lives. However, these heavy tech devices can be a source of frustration if not working properly.
Apple definitely launches smooth running devices, but problems occur. Let’s take a look at how to diagnose and potentially fix a few of the most common iPhone 8 problems.
1. Why Are My AirPods Crackling?
There are plenty of comments online about crackling and distorted iPhone 8 AirPods. Like this Apple Reddit question:
This distortion is present during FaceTime and normal calls. So what’s the diagnosis and solution? Apple reported that the issue was to be fixed in the iOS 11.1 software update.
According to The Verge, “We are aware of the issue which is affecting customers in a small number of cases. Our team is at work on a fix, which will be included in an upcoming software release.”
The software update, however, didn’t fix all distortion. A hardware issue could be the culprit as well, something with touching the AirPods. Most Apple enthusiasts have contacted Apple for new AirPods.
Top Solution: When in doubt, wait for the next iPhone 8 iOS update. Next would be replacement AirPods!
2. Why Does My App Store Keep Refreshing?
The perpetually refreshing Apple App Store has been a thorn in the side for many iPhone 8 users. If your App Store keeps refreshing every couple of seconds, here’s some potential fixes.
- First, restart your iPhone. This seems to have zapped the App Store back to normal in most cases. Hold the “Sleep” and “Wake” button down and slide to “Power Off” to restart.
- You can attempt signing out and back into your account as well. From “Settings” tap your name, then iTunes & App Store to Apple ID, and then sign out. Sign back in and you should be good to go.
Top Solution: Restart your iPhone 8 and the issue should never be seen again.
3. Why Is My iPhone 8 Screen Frozen?
The frozen screen of the iPhone 8 has been a common problem. Expressed in detail in the below Apple Communities forum post.
In some cases like the one above, even the apps were not accessible due to the frozen or unresponsive screen. Here are a few potential solutions to this common issue:
- If you can, hold down the “Sleep” and “Wake” button and slide “Power Off” to turn your iPhone. Hold down the “Sleep” and “Wake” button again to turn it back on.
- A Force Restart may be needed to get the screen unfrozen and responsive. The iPhone 8 force restart is different. Press and quickly release the smartphone’s volume up button, and then press and release the volume down button quickly. After that, press and hold down the “Sleep” and “Wake” button until the Apple logo appears.
- If your screen is still frozen and unresponsive, you may need to go back to factory reset. This is a tedious option, and don’t forget to backup everything before returning to a clean slate.
- All of the above didn’t work? Time to maybe head to the Apple store.
Top Solution: Force restart if simply turning your smartphone off and on doesn’t work.
4. Why Is My iPhone 8 Overheating?
If your iPhone 8 appears to be overheating and getting sluggish, you are not alone. This is another common problem that many Apple lovers have questions about in the Apple Communities forum.
If you are playing a lot of games, especially AR games on your iPhone, you will probably notice it heating up. iPhone 8 users are also experiencing overheating while setting up their smartphone, and restoring backup.
Using a gaming app that utilizes GPS at the same time, like Pokémon Go for instance, are also finding this to be a hot-handed issue. If your iPhone 8 gets too hot, it will shut down, and that’s game over. Here’s how you can keep gaming:
- If you have a clunky case, try to take it off to allow the heat from your smartphone to disperse easier.
- Turning off all non-essential functions can be helpful too. Go to “Settings” and then “Privacy” to toggle locations setting off, or anything else that could be running the hardware.
- Locations with poor signals can also make your smartphone work harder, thus causing overheating. You can access the “Control Center” and tap “Cellular Data” to turn it off. You will just need to make a note to turn it back on.
- Identify the app causing the overheating. The app causing overheating should maybe be uninstalled.
Top Solution: Find the app and if non-essential, uninstall it!
These common iPhone 8 problems might be easy to fix. However, there are plenty of Apple lovers who continue to have issues. If the above potential solutions didn’t work, it may be time to run a complete diagnostic test to check your iPhone for defects.
Top Diagnostic Tool To Check Your iPhone 8 for Defects
Software issues may be to blame, but hardware could also be making your very expensive smartphone not so innovative. The only way to get your iPhone 8 back to optimal operation is to diagnose the main problems.
That’s where PhoneCheck Mobile Diagnostic program becomes handy. You can test your smartphone to diagnose hardware errors or third-party issues. This is especially important if your iPhone 8 was purchased used.
Get the full innovative power your iPhone 8 has to offer, both in terms of software and hardware. Diagnostic testing is the premier solution for smartphone problems, saving time, money, and stress. What’s the status of your iPhone?