When it comes to running into issues with our phones, many people are quick to just sell them and get a new one. Spending all that money can be avoided, since a lot of iPhone issues can be easily fixed. Some problems that arise with our phones do require a new phone, like water damage. However, most issues are easily fixable with some quick troubleshooting and running a hardware test to see exactly what the issue might be.
In addition, businesses that buy and sell iPhones need to make sure that all the phones they sell are in proper working order. They need to be able to easily detect issues with their products so they can fix them and get a better return when they sell. The easiest way of doing this is to do an iPhone hardware diagnostic. If you have an iPhone and you need to do an iPhone hardware test, we are here to show you exactly how to do it so you can get your phone back up and running as soon as possible.
How To Perform a iPhone Hardware Test
There are a few ways to run iPhone diagnostics on your phone. Depending on your needs, you can choose to go through customer service, run remote testing or investing in diagnostic software.
- Call Apple customer service or head over to your local Genius Bar.
- If you are running iOS 10, you’ll have to visit an Apple store to test your phone hardware, calling in is not an option. iOS 10 users need to access diagnostics.apple.com with a Genius’ (Apple tech support) help.
- Type diagnostics:// into Safari on your iPhone.
- The customer representative will give you a service ticket number that you’ll type into the appropriate box on your phone.
- Troubleshooting your own phone hardware isn’t difficult if you’re in the know about the proper tools, so once the screen gives you the issues you can take it from there.
You can also do remote mobile testing on your iPhone. You don’t even need the phone itself to do it, which makes it a great option for someone who is looking to purchase an iPhone. You can see all it’s issues before you shell out cash for it.
All you need is the device’s IMEI number or International Mobile Equipment Identity – AKA your phone’s social security number. Each IMEI is a unique 15-digit number that allows smartphones to access cell phone networks and can give you the complete history of that device, including whether or not it has been stolen or refurbished previously.
This option is best for businesses that buy and sell used iPhones and need to test a large amount of phones. Instead of spending time opening customer service tickets with Apple or inputting long numbers with remote testing, you can use a quick and easy diagnostics software, like PhoneCheck.
Our software will scan your phones for dozens of test points, including the iPhone hardware test, signal strength test (for WiFi, bluetooth and cell signal), microphone functionality, speakers, and much more. Not only that, our software will give you a certification print-out for you to include with the phone, so your buyers know exactly what they are getting. The best part? It all happens in under two minutes.
Why Should I Do a iPhone Hardware Diagnostic?
Buying or Selling an iPhone
When you are buying or selling an iPhone, you need to make sure it is in proper working order. If not, you’ll need to be honest with the buyer about exactly what they are getting. The cell phone buying and selling industry can be seen as shady at times, so make sure you do what you can to be as honest as possible. One way you can do this is by running an iPhone hardware diagnostic test to be transparent about what is wrong with the phone, as well as making sure that you dispose of any sensitive information before you sell.
Alternatively, you can run an iPhone diagnostic test to see what is wrong so that you can fix it and get more value out of your phone. Most issues with iPhones are pretty easy to fix, so take the extra time to remedy problems with your phone to get a better return.
Constantly running diagnostics tests throughout the life of your phone will ensure that it is in great health. If you’re able to quickly identify issues with your phone before they affect other parts of the phone, then you’ll be able to keep it in good condition and have a great resale value for later.
What You Can Find With iPhone Diagnostics
If you notice a problem with your phone, it is best to run an iPhone hardware test as soon as possible. If your GPS isn’t working properly, your battery life isn’t as good as it used to be or your calls keep dropping, perform an iPhone diagnostics test right away.
Some things you can find with an iPhone diagnostics test include:
- The strength of your phone’s battery
- The strength of the Wi-Fi signal
- The speakers and audio system
- A decrease in storage and memory access speed
- A smartphone’s ability to detect it’s proximity to your face
- The ability to track your location using GPS
- Functionality of the camera lens, zoom, focus and other features
- The strength of the iPhone’s Bluetooth connection
- The functionality of the buttons and toggle switches
- CPU performance
- The touchscreen sensitivity and responsiveness to touch
- The time it takes for your screen to adjust to horizontal or vertical positioning
Let Us Know!
Do you run iPhone diagnostics tests on your iPhone? How do you run them? What problems have you detected and fixed? Let us know in the comments below!